Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Halloween Lunches!

Halloween

Halloween is here and I don't know about all of you but I am definitely starting to feel the spirit. I've dug out my Halloween lunch decorations, put up our skeleton on the front door, and bought Monkey some window clings to put up (one of her fav things to do at any holiday). I hope you'll enjoy these first few Halloween lunches and that you'll feel free to share your own Halloween lunches! 


One of my favorite things to do at Halloween is draw little faces onto oranges to make them look like pumpkins. It's easy, it's inexpensive, and it really works well for adding some Halloween fun! If you haven't done it before, give it a shot, I bet your kiddos will love it. 

IN THIS LUNCH: 
  • Leftover Smoked Turkey
  • Snap Pea Crisps
  • Cheddar Cheese Cubes
  • Jack-O-Orange
  • Carrots
  • Grapes

I was excited to use this bento box again! I haven't gotten to use it much so I am striving to use it more. I really love it, it just packs a lot of food! Yes, I have some inedible decorations in this box, but my daughter is old enough to know to just enjoy them and leave them in the box till the end of the day. Of course keep in mind your child's age and maturity when using inedible decorations.

IN THIS LUNCH:
  • Mixed Greens Salad w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette (and tomatoes)
  • Cheddar Cheese Skull & Crossbones (used a cookie cutter) 
  • Skewers: Nitrate free Salami, Marinated Mozzarella, and Tomato half (Got Halloween Skewers at Dollar Tree)
  • Sliced Plum (Little spider I got it from Dollar Tree in a bag of mixed Halloween Decorations)

This is a new box and the first time I have used it. I LOVE it. It's a Sistema sandwich box with a divided sides. I picked up the trick-or-treat napkins, the bat picks, and the bat rings from Dollar Tree. I have a sandwich press I used to make the bat pocket sandwich. Again take into consideration age and maturity before using inedible decoration.

IN THIS LUNCH: 
  • Jam sandwich
  • Grapes
  • String Cheese 
  • Nitrate free Salami
  • Salad w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette
Here are some old lunches of mine for more Halloween inspiration.


IN THIS LUNCH: Halloween Lunchable
  • Crackers, Turkey Pepperoni, Pumpkin Shaped Cheese
  • Carrots
  • Cottage Cheese (With Gummy Spider)
  • "Witches Brew" (Pumpkin Egg Nog w/ a little food Coloring)

IN THIS LUNCH:
  • Haunted House Sandwich
  • Cheese Ghost
  • Eerie Carrot Chip Clouds
  • Blood Moon (Babybel)
  • Salad Grass
  • Apple Starry Sky
  • Chocolate Chip Chobani Champions yogurt w/ little food coloring and Halloween sprinkles

IN THIS LUNCH: 
  • Ghost Sandwich (Used a cookie cutter and put the cheese on top instead of inside)
  • Tomatoes
  • Frozen Fruit
  • Sweet Potato Chips



Easy ways to spookify lunches

  Fun Halloween sprinkles on yogurt







Candy Corn Parfait

Vanilla Yogurt
Mandarin Orange Slices
Peach Segments









You can also use cupcake picks, rings, Halloween themed baggies (I get them at Dollar Tree), Cookie Cutters, or use the traditional colors, I'll use candy occasionally like the gummy spiders, chocolate eyeballs, etc.. Hope these helped get you into the Halloween spirit! 

Happy Packing!

2 comments:

  1. I love them all, but I think the ghost sandwich is especially effective :) Found you through Fun Food Friday on Eats Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Halloween lunches look awesome, love them all! My favourite is the bat one, I have that lunch box too, I really must get it out and give it a try!
    Thank you for linking up to Fun Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts, ideas, questions and comments! I appreciate any feedback!