Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Trying New Ideas

Today's lunch has a couple new tricks that I haven't used before. I was pretty pleased with them and Monkey thought they were pretty neat when she got to peak in the box this morning.


IN THIS LUNCH:
  • Carrots
  • Grapes
  • Aussie Bites
  • Chicken Apple Nitrate Free Lunch Meat
  • Devilled Eggs
  • Yogurt
So devilled eggs are pretty standard around here during the holidays. We LOVE them and I am a bit of a purist when it comes to them. However today I added a little food coloring and a piece of celery to make a fun little pumpkin.



The second new thing was freezing of yogurt for fun shapes. What we have is strawberry yogurt that I colored purple... I layered a little in the bottom of the compartment as well as made frozen bats with it. Then added a layer of plain full fat Greek Yogurt. Topped with some Halloween sprinkles and of course one of those strawberry yogurt bats. Hopefully by lunch it'll be mostly melted and she can swirl the little bit of strawberry in with the plain and sprinkles and enjoy!

Happy Packing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts, ideas, questions and comments! I appreciate any feedback!