Thursday, May 8, 2014

Breakfast, Leftovers, & Cinco de Mayo

Things have been getting hectic in our monkey tree. In addition to our new little miss keeping us busy we also are in full swing of homeschooling, I'm writing whenever I can, and I got accepted for an internship dealing with all social media and related marketing for ''she-who-must-not-be-named". It's pretty exciting time for me and my family though. The internship will keep me fairly busy with her acting jobs, her producing company, her art gallery, her book recently released.... I'm hoping that I can balance it all and keep getting these lunches up to share with all of you.






April 25, 2014
In this lunch:

Organic Mini Waffles
Hardboiled Egg
Tropical dried fruit mix
Pineapple chunks
Whipped cream with cinnamon








May 1, 2014
In this lunch:

Turkey roll ups
Cheese stick
Leftover baked potato w/ salsa
Peaches







May 5, 2014
In this lunch:

Corn [cut off the cobb]
Refried black beans
"Homemade Hamburger Helper" [Click for Recipe]
Queso Fresco
Flan






Queso Fresco is the new love in my house. We love eating mexican food and mexican inspired food and I had never tried Queso Fresco until I went to my brother-in-law's for dinner! They made these really yummy enchiladas and topped them with it and let me tell you I fell in love and thought about it for over a month till I decided to throw it on top of our ''hamburger helper'' instead of our normal mexican cheese blend.

In our house we don't buy the boxed hamburger helper but it was something that I grew up with. My favorite was always the cheesy enchilada flavor. Well, when I started on my eating healthier journey one thing I wanted to do was cut down on questionable ingredients and as many pre-packaged foods as possible. Part of me still really thought about that darn hamburger helper though! So I came up with this as our alternative. Ever since, I don't miss it! I love knowing what's in my food, I love that it doesn't take any longer than regular hamburger, and it's really yummy! We use it on its own, on top of beans, in burritos, you name it!

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts, ideas, questions and comments! I appreciate any feedback!