Friday, February 7, 2014

2014 -- 024

Snow Day


Well, we are home with snow! I know many of you have already been experiencing many of these in your areas and now we've finally gotten one too. The downside to me having a snow day is now I have nothing better to do than harass you all with food! So in addition to her lunch I also posted the recipe for our breakfast in the recipes section. It's called, Pink Monkey Overnight Oats.


This is what Monkey had for lunch today! When possible I find keeping pre-cooked pasta very helpful. You can just cook the entire box when you make pasta, then bag some with a little bit of olive oil (so your noodles don't stick into a block) and you have pasta whenever you need it! Can just reheat if you would like.

IN THIS LUNCH:  Leftover bowtie noodles, a little basil pesto (also leftover), halved grape tomatoes, about 1/4 of an avocado, and topped with a little mozzarella cheese.

I did not heat this, it was a cold pasta salad and she loved it. The avocado was getting really soft so I was worried about it going bad soon and wanted to use it up. For some reason getting trapped in by snow makes me want to go all survivor-mode. Haha. So I wanted to use up things before they went bad so we don't waste any food, in case we can't get to a store soon. Will we be home more than a day or two? Probably not, but it's just a weird place I get. I don't know about you, but I will not drive in snow unless it's an emergency! :-P I'm just not a snow gal.

Happy Packing! (Or Happy Stay Home and Leftover Making)

4 comments:

  1. All the snow is gone here, it´s been raining all day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always raining here, that's nothing new for us. Snow, a bit more rare. Even just a little seems to shut down the city.

      Delete
  2. Lunch looks delicious! We're buried under snow here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! Monkey really loved it, she's a little tomato and avocado fiend though. Haha. I'm glad you liked it too. Thanks for commenting. Hope you're staying warm.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts, ideas, questions and comments! I appreciate any feedback!