Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014 -- 017

Leftovers in the Box

For two months now I have been making what I call ''Greek'' chicken. It is delicious and Monkey goes bananas for it. The best part for me is that it's easy and it's stuff I have on hand most of the time. Normally you all know that I like to wait before serving leftovers for lunch, but with these I knew it would be a home run and Monkey was excited to see I set some aside for her. 


IN THIS LUNCH: 

  • Greek Chicken,
  • Couscous,
  • Green Beans,
  • Apple Slices and;
  • Organic Chocolate Milk
What are some of your family's favorite meals? I'm talking the ones that they always get excited to hear that you're making. I'll admit, I didn't intend to share a 'recipe' so you'll have to forgive that there aren't really measurements because when I cook, most of the time, I wing it. Here's what we use on the chicken we have been making at my house (will also be available in the recipes section). 

Greek Chicken
1 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp minced garlic  
Dried Oregano, Dried Parsley, Salt & Pepper (I don't measure, I just sprinkle it on till it looks good)
I used about 6 pieces of frozen chicken (approximately the size of the one pictured above, you can use as many pieces as you can coat with the yogurt mixture though)
Olive oil

I didn't defrost the chicken first, I'm terrible about remembering to defrost meat for meals. That's another reason I LOVE this meal. Mix up your yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings in a 13x9 glass baking dish and then put the chicken pieces in and coat them with the yogurt mixture then drizzle with olive oil. I bake mine at 350 for about an hour. That's it! Easy Peasy!

This version of what I make was inspired from something I saw on pinterest, I'm trying to locate the pin so that I can properly attribute the webpage that inspired the meal. I don't actually follow a recipe for it, but I remember seeing the idea there. So when I find it -- I'll update this with a link!

Happy Packing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts, ideas, questions and comments! I appreciate any feedback!