Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2014 -- 014

"Mom you rock!"

Isn't that what we all love to hear? My daughter came in to peak over the counter to see what I was packing for her lunch. I've never packed her tortellini before so she curiously said, ''What's that?" I told her it was sorta like a ravioli, but basically pasta with a little cheese inside. Of course, I then popped one into her mouth. Haha. Her eyes lit up instantly and bursted out, "Mom you rock! I can't wait for my lunch tomorrow" and scurried out of the room. If that's not a lunch packing win, I don't know what is! 


IN THIS LUNCH: 
  • "Italian Kabobs" -- Tortellini, Mozzarella, Pepperoni, and Tomatoes
  • Pretzels
  • Orange Segments
  • Organic Milk (not pictured)
I've come to love flamingos, so I was determined to use this flamingo skewer. Let me tell you, I've been spoiled by the sharp ended skewers, like the heart ones that accompany it. The rounded ball end made getting things onto it tough! I had to use a knife to pre-make the holes in the food...I probably won't use them again because of that. I like quick and easy...that was not. It was also messy when it came time for tomatoes which is why I abandoned the pattern on the flamingo skewer and only put the one tomato!

What are some of your favorite things to skewer?

This lunch is part of the Lunch For Lunch Wednesday link up, so don't forget to check out the other fantastic lunches!
Bento Lunch


Happy Packing! 


2 comments:

  1. Snip the ball off with scissors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment. That's a good suggestion, thanks. We'll see if I have the strength to get through that thick plastic! :-P

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts, ideas, questions and comments! I appreciate any feedback!