Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Under Wraps

.002

So, I learned a valuable lesson with lunch yesterday. Do NOT put cut up bananas in the container the night before. Even if you put juice on it to help keep it from browning, it will brown and get mushy. Thereby having to trash it and put in a new banana. I hate wasting food like that so I was a bit irked by that. 

Today's lunch isn't as pretty as some other lunches, which is regrettable, but Monkey should enjoy it! 


IN THIS LUNCH: 
  • Asparagus wraps w/ light cream cheese and thin sliced ham. 
  • Pineapple chunks 
  • Babybel cheese
  • 1 Cup of Popcorn
  • Fruit Smoothie feat. Banana, orange, apple, and pear (NOT PICTURED). 
This was our clearance find at Target today. A hot pink Goodbyn for $5 I was really stoked! I was only going to make 3 asparagus wraps for Monkey but she asked for a 4th (she really loves these things). Admittedly, I took this idea from a good friend Trish. She came over to hangout and craft and she brought a snack tray that had these asparagus wraps and they've been a favorite ever since! I never would have thought to make them. Thanks Trish! 

Today we also spent time talking about ''My Plate'' and how we need to represent each of the food groups in our meals. Monkey actually thanked me for giving her good meals! It was nice and she had fun talking about what she had for lunch today and where it went on the plate and what her lunch was for tomorrow (this lunch) and where it went on the plate. I think it's fun to get her involved in covering all her food groups. 

What are your kids having? 

Happy Packing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts, ideas, questions and comments! I appreciate any feedback!